Coconut Custard Pie Recipe
· 1 cup flaked coconut divided
· 1 (9-inch) unbaked pastry shell
· 3 eggs
· 1 (14-ounce)can Sweetened Condensed Milk
· 1 1/4 cups hot water
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Toast 1/2 cup coconut for 5 minutes or until lightly brown then set aside. Bake pastry shell 8-10 minutes. In medium bowl, beat eggs then add sweetened condensed milk, water, vanilla, salt and nutmeg; mix well. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup coconut. Pour into pastry shell. Sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- Bake 8-10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F; bake 25-30 minutes longer or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let the coconut custard pie cool down.
Serve and enjoy the Coconut Custard Pie Recipe Dessert